We held a period of consultation on our plans before submitting a planning application. The scheme below is what went to consultation, prior to changes made based on feedback. For the final scheme that has been submitted to Leeds City Council, please see Submitted Proposals.
Following positive discussions with the council we have developed proposals that we believe will greatly enhance the area.
The proposals include:
- A six and part seven storey building with good quality architecture and entrances from Whitelock Street
- Circa 410 student bedrooms for students in a range of different unit sizes
- Student amenities including a gym, cinema, and laundry
- Artists’ studios, and workshop and exhibition space for emerging local artists
To create a sense of place, the proposals will also provide:
- A west facing roof terrace with wide views of the city
- A landscaped courtyard at ground level
- A small number of car parking spaces for staff, disabled students and visitors
Our proposals aim to dramatically improve the streetscape with tree planting, new pavements, active building frontages, and good quality architecture. Our plans will not only benefit the residents of the new building, but residents and businesses in the surrounding area.
We were pleased to receive overwhelmingly positive responses to our feedback questionnaire when we held a public consultation for our plans.
- 100% of people were supportive or very supportive of the plans
- 100% of people though the design of the scheme was appealing or very appealing
- 80% of people felt the development would be an improvement on the current site, and is important to free up family homes in Leeds
- There was a clear call from respondents for improvements to the streetscape on Whitelock Street and open green space inside and surrounding the scheme
Following our public consultation and further conversation with Leeds City Council, we have finalised our scheme and submitted a planning application. For the final proposals please visit Submitted Proposals.